Qigong Retreat 2024
Join Peter & Sue. For a whole week of qigong here at Yoga Evolution Retreats for the date 4th to 11th May 2024.
Harmonizing the Five Elements
This very special week will help immerse you in the theory & practice of both Nei Dan (internal) & Wei Dan (external )alchemy qigong. The week is suitable for both beginners to qigong & more experienced practitioners wanting to deepen their integrity & theoretical knowledge. It is also useful for Yoga Teachers / Practitioners who are wanting to introduce more qigong into their practice & or teaching.
The goal of the Qigong techniques is to "Harmonize the Five Elements" and to balance the elements of earth, fire, water, metal, and wood within the body. It is thought that these components influence the emotional and physical makeup of the body, and that bringing them back into harmony will enhance general health and wellness. The five elements can be harmonized in the following ways:
1. Earth Element: The earth element stands for food and stability. Practicing grounding techniques such as qigong, yin yoga, and nature walks to balance the earth element. Eating whole, nutrient-dense foods like root vegetables can also support the earth element.
2. Fire Element: The fire element stands for digestion, desire, and transformation, In qigong it is the heart. we use breathwork and qigong movements to balance the heart fire, The muscle tendon changing forms aid to fuel the fire element.
3. Water Element: The element of water stands for flexibility and fluidity. Engaging in fluidity-promoting activities such as swimming, qigong, yin yoga movements can help to counterbalance the water element. Restoring the water element's equilibrium can also be facilitated by consuming hydrating foods like fruits and vegetables and drinking lots of water.
4. Metal Element: The Metal element is associated with stability, clarity, and precision. It is the element of autumn, a time when nature begins to contract and prepare for the colder months ahead. Those who are born with a Metal element have a strong sense of ethics, value structure, and are good at organization and planning.
5. Wood Element: In qigong, the Wood element is associated with growth, renewal, and regeneration. It is the element of spring, a time when nature begins to sprout new growth after the dormant winter months. Mindfulness practices such as the kindness meditation really enhance this element.
Through practices like yoga, Qigong, meditation, breathwork, and mindful eating, one can integrate the five elements into their daily lives. By fostering physical, emotional, and spiritual harmony, practices that bring the elements back into balance can boost general health and wellness.
As teachers we have spent a long time studying with qigong masters including Master Mantak Chia & Dr Yang Jwing Ming and many others.
Weather permitting the qigong sessions will take place in the Bagua (out door 8 sided practice space) to enhance your grounding into Mother Earth & bring you closer to nature. There will be around 4 hours of physical practice a day including - Special warm up sequence to gently prepare your muscles & joints for the qigong sequences created by Peter Adapted versions of the muscle / tendon changing classic the Yi Jin JIng & The 8 Silk Brocades Ba Duan Jin Seasonal qigongs to purge, tone &. Enhance the lung organs at this time they are the most vulnerable & also the most receptive to practice. We will cover over many qigong forms during this week drawn from a wide range of experience.
Incorporating. Healing sounds , inner smile meditation, organ visualisation & organ optimisation techniques In depth breath sessions identifying any unhelpful patterns you may have in your breath, gently leading the breath into the lower dantian & activating the lower dantian Meditation sessions drawing from the Buddhist & Daoist traditions There will be two 1.5 hours of informal lectures each day including Fascia and Five element theory and an overview of qigong. Including history & styles fascial lines of the body Breathing techniques especially the embryonic breath Understanding qi, yin- yang theory & meridian network of the body Cultivating the virtues of the Dao 5 element theory over view 5 element theory - in depth look at the metal element & lung organ for the season of autumn If you have any questions about the practices please email.
Sue: Sue has been practicing and teaching qigong for over many years and teaching five element theory for many more years.
Peter: Peter has his background in Martial Qigong and has been practicing for over 40 years.